Thanks good stuff so far. I probally could have helped myself a little if I had mention the make, which is a eureeka apex 2xt, and the fabric is Fly75D 190T polyester taffeta, 800 mm coated. Yes I know not the greatest tent for the pack, but through the cub scout years it has served us well. Hopefully it will continue to do so since I had an other cubscout coming up in another year or two. I'll save it for another thread but my next purchase is probally going to be a more pack worthy tent as my first cub has moved along to the boy scoutr and already has his eyes set on Philmont.

So far I have tried scrubbing with warm water and a light detergent, but I do not have much to show for my efforts. Honestly the trees I spoke of are looking more and more like fire wood every day as they have seemed to coat everything with in their reach with this lovely serum, including my truck. So far the only thing that gets this stuff off my truck is my house washing solution (3 parts h20, 1 part bleach and a squirt of dishwashing liquid) but I have a feeling my tent would not like that very much...