Okay - You've all convinced me to buy a new backpack, cheap/light "crocks", and a new headlamp. Since I'll have all my gear with me, it is a perfect time to buy a new pack. (My current pack is about the same age I am - older than some, younger than others wink )

I just bought a new sleeping bag after two miserable summer over-nights up here - woke up shivering in the middle of the night (above freezing.) I put every piece of clothing on I had (including a pair of polar fleece pants and was still cold - course it is easier to stay warm than to get warm. Figure my summer bag must be a 50F+ bag. Got synthetic cuz the hubby is allergic and one less thing to figure out what is causing any allergic reactions (aka - better safe than sorry.)

GPS/PLB/compass - I'm paranoid... I also just learned how to route find last summer, and figured I should keep in practice, but I can do that up here. Compass removed from list. I'm wishy-washy on the PLB - if something happens and WD can't make it, I'm hiking by myself. Rule is, if I hike alone I'm supposed to carry the PLB - on the other hand, who knows if the TSA will let me have it on the plane (both ways.)

Sweat towel / contacts... I sweat A LOT. I wore a tank top on one of my winter hikes, +10F and was pleasantly warm. Glasses steam up and I hate not being able to see. On the other hand I hate contacts. Depending on the humidity I'll leave them in the car. Towel stays, not sure about contacts.

Where did you get the 1.5 oz bottle with spray sunscreen? I see REI has a 1 oz 30SPF, I'll see if the store has any.

This is the same pee bag I've taken on every trip - I do use less TP with the "pee tube" (like the REI freshette.) It does include a container of hand sanitizer. Though a handi-wipe or two might be nice. I'll try adding one for each day. It could be that my... intestinal routine is different than yours. =)

Some excellent ideas and I'm down to about 26 1/2 lbs (not including stove fuel or water.)