Originally Posted By Mr. Fishunt
Pika and Oregon,
Thanks for the heads up...
I'm new to the forum and don't want to offend anyone...
As a side bar, I will be carrying some gear for my 100 lb son and, after trying on multiple packs, the Gregory Baltoro 75, not the lightest of the bunch, was the most comfortable.
I'm now thinking about a thigh holster....

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

I agree, the Baltoro is my "other" pack and I bought it because of its comfort, which for me is the reason why I try to go as light as possible. Lightweight backpacking I assume began out of the need to be comfortable while hiking, if 20 pounds is uncomfortable to someone, by all means go lighter, but if 28 pounds if comfortable for someone then heck do what you do
The baltoro is almost 6 pounds BUT i think 3 of those pounds are padding grin lol
***I would rather have a 6 pound extremely comfy pack with 14 pounds of gear than a 2 pound pack thats iffy and 16 pounds of gear or even the original 14 pounds. I think i tried on close to 100 packs before buying my Baltoro
I also sometimes carry others gear because I can do so while maintaining comfortably (is that a word?)