I agree with W_D about reflective guylines. Not only do they save a lot of tripping at night, but they reflect light from a long distance away. One time when I got thoroughly disoriented trying to find water in the dark, the reflective guylines shining back at my headlamp from 200 feet away were what got me safely back to the tent. That 15* night wasn't a very good time to be stranded away from the warm sleeping bag! Kelty Triptease and Gossamer Gear EZ2 are equally reflective and appear to be the same diameter (although I've only eyeballed them). Kelty's brown (vs. GG's red) is less conspicuous in the daytime.

I would agree about the Groundhogs except that they don't go in any farther than any other stake when they hit a rock or root. If they're only 1/3 to 1/2 way in, they are no more effective than the Ti needle stakes. In fact, it's a lot easier to find a place to get the the needle stakes farther into the ground when the soil under your site is rocky and/or rooty. The only site I've ever had that wasn't full of rocks and roots was on the beach, where I had to use rocks and logs anyway. Maybe I just pick the wrong places to camp?