Well, I ended up using my REI dividend and 20% discount getting a Big Agnes UL3. Patty has been going on the 5 to 8 mile hikes with me and is psyched to go to the Dolomites (where we will NOT be using a tent). Two more years and our youngest will be in college. So this tent is meant for Patty, myself, and the dog.

OK, as a tent it is a little tight for a 3 person. I took everything I would take on trail and it weighed out at just over 3 pounds (after a few modifications). One of the heavier items are the stakes...these get modified. I set it up in our living room the first time and it only took me about 5 min. Very easy to put together. Made Patty crawl in and lay down; she asks "will this thing hold up?" To me the tent looks well constructed and I think it will do fine. Patty prefers the 13 pounder. I say this tent will do fine. (I kid you not. Patty wants the tent to be animal, bug, rain, and Tica proof!) I think as long as we don't sleep with food in the tent, we will be golden. Anything else I get in the future will be as light as I can get away with.