Yes, Clark will get lonely. I'll try working up a new rigging to keep him closer behind Lewis here soon. He's a bit of a slacker on the trail when it's only me leading the both of them. He likes to stop and eat the roses, so to speak, and when were bushwhacking he likes to choose his own path which tangles his lead line and stops our train completely. He's fine if he has someone leading him though.

If the new rigging keeps him in line better than I'll have him carry some grain and hay pellets and maybe some other stuff. Clark hasn't worn a real pack saddle yet. He's really sensitive about his back. I can literally make his rear legs buckle just by slightly pressing on the rear end of his back. He reacts more like he's being tickled than being in pain, but he doesn't like it. So I've only put a lightweight saddle bag that I've rigged with a harness on him. He likes that just fine, but gets a little shook up when try to put the pack saddle on him.

Lewis loves that pack saddle and is great on and off the trail. I'm pretty excited about finally getting him out on a real trip.

But they are a bit too "Buddy Bound" right now and I have to work with them on that too.

"You want to go where?"