Buff's are a great all round Chicken. They're great layers and the Roosters get big and meaty. Plus, the hens are good at brooding, so they're one of my favorites.

Barred Rocks are sweet too. I have one left that's going on three years old now. She follows me all around the barnyard when I'm out there. She left the coop last year and sleeps in the trees out there now. She came inside the coop about three times this winter when it got really cold and when we has ice storms.

I got all the baby chicks in the coop now. I'm pretty sure there are some Rhode Island Reds in the mix, no Buffs, and a few I don't know yet. They're loving all the room and getting "Cocky" out there. I put a big branch in there today so they can start learning to roost. They're a crack up at this gawky stage.

BTW, nice set-up skcreidc.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow of my coop and barn and garden. I came up with a great, cheap way to make the hoops for my "Low Tunnel Greenhouses". I planted the asparagus this evening and made the hoops just before sunset. I'll put the plastic on tomorrow and take a picture of it too.

"You want to go where?"