I can only speak to your last two questions: "Is it far too much for one person to carry?" and "Is backpacking with a 2-person tent entirely out of the question?" My answer assumes that you mean you are not sharing the tent with a second person.

I don't think it's too much for one person to carry, or out of the question. Back in the "good old days" (?), when ultralight meant 30 pounds for a weekend, a lot of us carried two-person tents for single-person use, and thought nothing of it - there just weren't very many solo tents available. Even after a few did become available, and I got one, most of my hiking buddies didn't - they liked the extra room in the 2-man tent, and weren't willing to give it up to save a "mere" 2 pounds. So it's all a matter of perspective and preference.

If you're happy with the tent, and you're willing to carry it, it's perfectly fine (and I don't even know what that particular model looks like or weighs.) If you're looking for the lightest possible load, you'll want a solo tent - or less - and this tent probably isn't your personal best choice. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with carrying a 2-man tent if it pleases you to do so. Hiking lightweight is an option, not an obligation.