Originally Posted By Howie
One thing I have found is that there are some people out there that seem to think it is cruel to make a dog wear a backpack. Most folks think it is a good idea so he can carry his own water and such, but it seems not everyone sees it that way. I overheard one lady say “what a shame”.

I'll betcha this is the kind of person who has a yap dog and who refers to it as her baby. She cannot imagine that a dog would have a job to do, and certainly not her precious baby doggiekins.

mad And what really sucks is that IME this type of ankle biter is a very spoiled dog with atrocious behavior.

A big "Thank You" to those of you who take the time to train your dogs and who give your dogs the opportunity to come along with you on hiking trips. Dogs are too great to be kept in a pen all the time, and too great to be left untrained. If only people would realize it's a whole lot like raising kids...