Take my comments with a grain of salt, because my hands do tend to run warm. but I do a few things that may be of interest to you. Firstly, I use the shell mitts and glove combo a lot, usually with ragg wool gloves

In heavier terrain and cooler weather, I often hike in a pair of fancy mechanics gloves, they are leather with sythetic backing, tough enough to protect hands and be warm, but generally dexterous enough to be useful still - I like them because I can put hands down on rocks and pick up hot things and yet the leather provides some warmth, and yet they are more dexterous than my wool gloves. (and by dexterous enough, I use my standard male measurement of dexterity - while wearing pants and long underwear I can unzip and take a leak without removing the gloves grin ) I don't remember what brand mine are but I found them at the tool store and they fit well. I do find I have a lot warmer hands with these, well, because they have enough dexterity that I wear them all the time so my hands don't get cold while moving.

Edited by phat (03/22/11 08:39 PM)
Browse my pictures