Yeah, you have to post pics, we're ALL waiting to see what you've got there!

I finished mulching the garden on Thursday and got some potatoes and onions in yesterday. I still have a lot of space for them but seed potatoes are kind of hard to get locally. I'm not sure how the onions will do in my potato patches, but they're easy to get so I'm planting them in between the rows of taters.

While I was down there planting them I took a look at my Shiitake logs and they had about 1/2 pound of ready to eat shrooms on them so I split them up with a neighbor that was down there with me and my wife cooked ours up in some chicken gravy for dinner. That's officially the first home grown thing we've eaten this year smile

Today my wife and I went and bought some more seeds and plants. I got two raspberry bushes. Hopefully it will rain tonight before I have to dig the hole for them. Two years ago I planted a bunch of blackberry bushes and they're doing pretty good. I might even get some fruit this year.

With the new dog, Annie, we won't be planting any new flowers in the yard this year. She killed one of our three chickens a few weeks ago. I'm sure she didn't mean too, but once she got a taste of it she kept chewing on it. She was scolded hard and so far she hasn't chased them again. We'll be getting a few dozen chicks next week. We'll see how they do. The fox and coyotes are pretty good at picking them off once they start ranging outside our fence and I'm not going to pen them up after six weeks or so. Their main job is tick control. Eggs are a bonus. Right now, my farm dog, Tucker, gets all the eggs from the two chickens that are left, and he knows where they're coming from so nothing gets them when they stay in the barnyard wink Hopefully Annie will learn to protect them in the front yard. That's where they get picked off.

This year seems like it starting off to be a bonus year for ticks too. I've been bitten up pretty good already doing the gardening and it's supposed to be warm most of this next week. If that's the case, backpacking is about over here already. I'm going to get a couple nights in next week, but after that I'll have to store my pack til Fall frown

"You want to go where?"