This is all colemans page says.

Quote:
Stays serve as the frame of internal frame packs. The curve provided by the factory should be sufficient for a comfortable fit for most people. However, if after fitting your pack you feel further adjustments are needed to provide the most comfortable feeling of the pack against your back, the aluminum stays are removable and bendable
Stays are located in pockets on back of pack. Pull down the lumbar pad to locate openings for stay pockets.
Ask a friend for help. Have that person hold the bottom of one stay against your back over one hip. Mark it with a pencil or tape where your spine makes the greatest deviation from the stay. Place the stay over a durable surface and gently bend the stay to the desired shape.

I guess I just need to wait till I have some help and finish it up then.

Glenn, there is a college near by (the one I graduated from last May). I'm not aware of an outdoor program there. They do have a backpacking class, taught by the owner of a local outdoor shop, that I've been told is somewhat of a scam just to get him business. I'll look into that though, and I may check with the Biology department. They do a lot of field research, so I could see them having some people pretty knoledgable about things like this. I dont have the book, but I may be able to find a copy somewhere.

Edited by james__12345 (03/16/11 01:15 PM)