Does the pack actually have removable stays? Back when internal frames first came out, they all did, and bending them to fit your pack was critical, and time-consuming. Of course, we were carrying 40 and 50 pound loads in those packs, just for a weekend.

With the trend toward lighter loads and the development of frame sheets, many current packs don't actually have stays (or, if they do, they are a part of the frame sheet and therefore can't be bent separately.) The last few packs I've used had a frame sheet but no separate stays.

In my older packs that used stays, I don't ever remember adjusting them; I was always lucky that the pack seemed to fit OK off the shelf. If your Elate pack does have stays, I wouldn't be in a hurry to pull them out and bend them, especially if you're carrying less than 30 pounds. (This assumes you don't have some sort of spinal condition that gives you other than normal posture; if you do, you might want to go to a good backpacking shop and pay them to custom-bend the stays - that won't be easy to find.) I'd leave the stays as they are, load the pack, and take it on a couple of trips. If it's really uncomfortable, and you can't improve it by tweaking the other adjustments, you can then start working on the stays. (If you do, you'll need someone to help you, since you won't be able to keep a normal posture while trying to hold the stay against your back as you fine-tune the curvature.)