WM test - regarding a WM super kodiak goretex bag rated at -5F.

I camped out in the lava flow behind the house last night and I see my goretex bag has lots of little delamination spots. I bought it about 1987 at the Western Mountaineering store in San Jose and somewhere I have the original receipt. So anyway I may also be looking for a new WM bag, a free one. The bag is still perfect, but what the heck, maybe I can get a new lighter one that compresses more.

I've ben looking at the WM guarantee and catalog and it seems that I am in the ratjher enviable position of returning a very expensive old 700 down goretex Kodiak bag for a new 850 down windstopper kodiak bag. I will definitely get the 6' model this time, not the 6'6" model.

I want to add that my very expensive deep winter coat from Marmot also has delamination, but there is no replacement equal to the model 40 coat except for an 8,000 meter parka. Marmot offered me a whole set of replacement coats, but none are the equivalent of what I have and frankly goretex delamiation does not affect function, so I decided to keep the coat. Besides its purple/violet and teal, where can you get those colors today? Actually one of the guys I camped with said they were "gay colors". confused
Jim

Edited by Jimshaw (02/20/11 02:03 PM)