Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
To add warmth to my 3-season bag (Western Mountaineering Super Antelope) I add down pants and a down parka (or down sweater). The down pants and parka double for warm clothes in the evenings and mornings. My down parka also has a snap-off hood that is really huge and fluffy. Just wearing this hood seems to add 10 degees to my 3-season (15-degree) bag. Down booties also add warmth for little weight. Granted down pants and jacket are not cheap, but I have them anyway for other reasons than just to use in my sleeping bag. So I do not count them as a sleeping bag purchase.

This is just what I do.

I mentioned in my first post in this thread that basically if I wear my down jacket, pants etc then I can be comfortable at around +8 to +10 degrees with my +20 degree quilt.

When I saw this post, it prompted me to explore what options are out there that can add that additional 10-15 degrees of warmth that I need to keep me comfortable down to zero and I can then leave my big winter bag at home until needed.

So far I am thinking of picking up a now discontinued Big Agnes Lost Dog (synthetic, +50DegF, under 2Lbs and under $100). It also appears big enough that it won't crush my down quilt.