Good thought; at least in Austria there was a "sektion Britannia" of the alpine club, i.e., a branch in England. My wife and I "joined" that prior to our little trip, and got a fair bit of information in english, but still I think it was a lot better and/or more clear in some cases to look at the german.

If you're staying in huts more than just a handful of days, joining a club is likely a cost saving, as, again, at least in Austria, club "members" got discounted rates on lodging, plus sometimes a little off the meals in the huts as well, or at least whatever the current "Bergsteigeressen" was for the day if I recall correctly.

I would indeed start by looking to see if there's a British branch to the relevant alpine club, find their site and look round.

Another thing to consider is that english is becoming the language of the world; get yourself a Skype account and call first the British section of the club headquarters if such exists. Failing that, learn the german for "is there someone available who speaks english?" and call the club headquarters in Switzerland. This approach worked very well for my wife in setting up our trip.