well perhaps the accuracy lacks from snub noses because they don't trAvel far enough down a barrel to pick up the spin of the rifling. Its the angular momentum from the rotation of the round lead bullet that carries a huge amount of the muzzle energy and though a bullet slows down with distance, its angular energy stays about the same especially after 100 yards. The spinning improves accuracy and it takes 4 inches or more, mine's 7.5 inch bull barrel, which I thick is best from a purely ballist standpoint. Its long enough to accelerate the bullet to 1,000+ feet per second. Velocity = acceleration x time. The acceleration is from the explosive impulse and the pressure on the back of the bullet pushing it down the barrel and into the rifling spinning the deformed lead and heating it to a point where it is nearly molten as it travels down a barrel. "Time" in the equation refers to the length of time the slug is in the barrel, thus the longer the barrel, the faster the slug.

The problem with a snubbie is the bullet goes too slow to rupture. I know, I have a hole in my thigh from a .38 snubbie going off in a holster and passing through my leg without rupturing. The bullet went through my leg and dropped onto the floor. At first I didn't believe I shot my self.

So I have bullet holes and scars from a shattered knee and sixteen bolts and wires went through my leg to graphite rings up and down my lower leg AND large surgical incision scars ( I had pit bull bight marks on my calf too). So the story goes like this: "A mountain lion jumped me while backpacking. I jumped aside but he got me by the calf of my leg He sunk his claws into my leg then grabbed the front of my leg with his teeth. It was then I grabbed my revolver and aimed and fired the gun still in the holster, through my leg, and through the beasts heart." smile

NO ACTUAL LIVE MTN LIONS WERE HARMED FOR THIS FANTASY
Jim