Hahahaha, this post was exactly what I needed this evening!

First of all, in support of TR's post, "going back to school" was once on my never list, and yet... here I am! Moving back to NC was on that list once too, as was moving to Alaska ("over my dead body" was what I told my ex when he brought it up, daily, for the year before he moved me there). I did actually like living there for a while, but it gets old in time.

To those of you reminiscing about fortran and punchcards, although I never had to learn them myself, I do recall many evenings going with my father to pick up his printouts at the computer center, hours after he had dropped off his stacks of cards. At the time the single computer took up an entire room. The computing center also doubled as a fallout shelter, although thankfully we never had to employ it for that purpose.

When it comes to perl, you guys are spelling it wrong... it is "purl" and it is what you do on a return row after you do a row of "knit."

Boy, I probably have a thousand things I've said I was never going to do, only to find myself doing them, either voluntarily or out of need. There certainly many things I'd like to do, but am unlikely to accomplish. If you really need a list, I am pretty certain I will NEVER be a dental hygienist since I already can't watch anyone brush their teeth, and I will definitely never be 20 again, even in my mind!

Thanks for the laughs, guys!

MNS