1) Walk 1.5-2 miles per day (helps to have a dog to keep company and give better reason to be so consistent); 7 days a week.
2) Ride a Schwinn Aerodyne 21 minutes at high revolution counts, with a system of alternating between just legs and just arms; 6 days a week.
3) In the Winter, I ride one 21-minute session, and then I get back on for another 10-minute session an hour later; 6 days a week.

In the Summer, I was alternating between riding the bike and running for an equivalent amount of time, up and down hills, but my knees started to bother me. Picked up a Nordic Track at a garage sale and plan to alternate between bike and that during this upcoming Winter. Would like to ski and pull a sled across the Boundary Waters and maybe Yellowstone someday, so that is good motivation. Also incorporate days of squat thrusts and jumping rope; anything that builds, or maintains, cardio.

It's good to cross-train and add some variety, or your body starts to move the fat around to your genetically set areas. Unfortunately, the body adjusts to exercise all too well. I think a lot of people don't plan for that (I really hadn't), so keep it in mind as you see good progress and then wonder why you lose some ground here and there. That can be a real psychological downer for some people, losing a bit of the battle. I've been loyal to my regiment for around three years, not even taking a day off while on vacation. Stupid, stubborn dedication goes a long way. You get in a rut, but a positive rut. It's all psychological warfare with yourself. Oh, and don't forget to eat every couple hours. Good calories that are efficient for what they provide and how they satisfy.

One more thing...they say drinking 3L of water per day burns 75 calories, and if you add some lemon juice to it, it burns 125 calories per day. How true is that? I'm not sure. I like water, so it isn't much of a struggle for me.