yes i did choose the spot...thanks for all the advice
reasons SPOT works for ME emphasis on me

PLB are heavier
I have people back at home grinding teeth and wearing out carpet....despite over a decade of crazy adventures and antics my mom is still worried that i will fall of a waterfall or have a bear eat my face

PLB has to be activated and the point that was presented to me...was well what if you fall and hit your head and fall into a coma...that PLB will be a nice weight to hold down your body...whereas the spot tracker will at least let people know i've stopped moving...combined with an iteniary its a safe bet

This weekend i'll be doing the high peaks of the adirondacks and will post my shared adventure page for those of you curious in whats its like tracking a spot user...

also i will state they currently have a sweet deal for free tracking service (50$) when you purchase the unit replacement program...so for 18 bucks i get replacements and repairs and free tracking not bad if i dont say so myself

also i read the directions followed them clearly and so far all of tests have worked as intended. I even used it to track my commute home yesterday and it was SPOT on...pun intended