It looks like DTape already pointed you in a good direction. I have an oldish Giga stove and a really simple alcohol stove that I made, and I've found that the alcohol stove + fuel is lighter for short trips (maybe three nights?), while I save weight during long trips by using the canister stove + its fuel.

I think I prefer alcohol stoves in most cases. Their fuel is easy to find, they're quiet, and they are easy to replace. On the other hand, you can't see the flame very easily, you have to be more careful about where you do your cooking (spillage = more flame), and you need a good windscreen.

Canister stoves are easier to actually cook with, if you like to chef it up. They're also a lot faster. They don't work very well in cold weather - I can see a difference in mine between summer use and when it gets around freezing. Liquid fuel stoves seem the best for that sort of thing. I don't know how alcohol stoves fare in cold weather.

My alcohol stove is the one recommended on the Zpacks website: cut off the bottom 1" of a soda can, use a hole punch to make 16 holes 1/8" from the edge, and carefully mash the bottom flat with a hammer. That's it, no stand necessary. You can build it in a few minutes. For fuel I use yellow HEET from automotive stores.