Hey Jim, I think you are getting tired of that old Kelty. Tell ya what, I will PM you my address, and you can just send it my way. I will even pay shipping. wink

Anyways, I think you had a good post, and I think you were bashing UL. I am not UL, so no offense taken here. I somewhat agree with your last statement. I think it needs 2 modifications.

1. A larger pack isn't good it you end up filling it with useless crap that you don't need. Jim, I know you don't do this, you have preached many times the importance of gear selection and leaving unnecessary things home. The problem is the newbie that reads "little packs bad, big packs good" and then fills it with crap.

2. A larger pack isn't good if it weighs a ton by itself. We all know that a pack designed to carry 20 lbs is terrible when loaded to 30. But what about a pack that can carry 85lbs and is loaded to 30 lbs? Especially if you can cut a few POUNDS off the empty pack weight and have it still comfortably carry 35?

Anyways, I like the post and think it is a good topic to hash out and discuss. Thanks.