Originally Posted By Franco
If nothing else with sleeping bags there is an EN rating that allows cross brand comparison, bag fit notwithstanding...
However I cannot see how a backpack comfort rating could be determined mechanically, so you need to know
each bran's take on that.
For me my two ULA packs are accurately rated, however a couple of Osprey were a bit optimistic.
At the other end a certain frameless pack was far overrated. What was meant to be the its normal carrying capability
felt like torture for me.
I believe that it is a bit like with wine or beer, what one thinks is "good" can only be based on what one is used too.
Franco

I also noticed that frameless packs are VERY over-rated. I had a hard time finding one comfortable. After I read about ultra-light frameless seemed like a good option, but not for me I guess. I kind of liked the go-lite jam, but I couldn't get it to fit comfortably. I tell you what, if your anything like me maybe you could give EMS a try? I've been going nuts looking for a good pack thats nice and comfy but not huge and it works great. Its a EMS Trail 30. Its not a big pack, and you have to pack right depending on what your looking to do but it is in the 25-30lb range and weighs just over 3 lbs. I loaded it up with 23 lbs and it rides like a dream. I walked around the store for at least 45 min to make sure I liked it. It felt perfect, and when I got home I walked around my development 4 times, which is about a 2 mile walk and I had not ONE thing I could come up with that I disliked. Never even heard of EMS until that day, but glad I did.

I had a hard time finding a pack I liked, and was beginning to think there was no pack out there for me. Then I found EMS and now I'm a happy camper! Check it out, 120 bucks plus 25 off, can't beat it GL!!

Edited by FarFigNugen11 (07/09/10 04:51 PM)