I have hip and shoulder issues when sleeping on the ground. After cutting, splitting and stacking firewood, getting the garden in, squatting to pull plant, pull weeds, by the time bping season is going full bore, my body is aching. The small NeoAir works great for me, I'm 6', my lower legs hang off the end, but I can put my empty pack under them if needed. The direction the air tubes run, work better for some me for some reason than ones running parallel with your body. I still don't sleep that good when out, but at least I ache a little less and carry less in the summer especially. Now if I would use the Gossamer Gear pad that is the support in my pack for my sleeping pad, I could shave a little more and bring my Slinglight.:)

I should add, a just retired couple from our CA group are doing the ADT and he is using a NeoAir. They have been out for three months and no word yet on it's failure or issues. They did break a tent pole and bought a new tent. They are not staying out each night, they are using motels, b&b and beds from folks asking them to spend a night.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=9521

Edited by hikerduane (06/27/10 10:16 PM)