Originally Posted By phat
I don't use a filter. Aquamira or Pristing Chlorine dioxide treatment for me, lightweight and reliable.

Personally my odds with that from *experience* over 5 years or so is that

1) I've never been sick
2) The chlorine dioixide doesn't give the water an off flavour
3) when hiking with more than two people who have water filters the chance is almost 100% that before the end of the trip one of them is mooching treated water from me because their filter has broken.

I find filters unreliable, slow, and heavy.

So now I feel Dooped by the sales dude. I dont want to be ill, or have the trots, or have my B/F or roommate sick... (Boys are BABIES when they are sick, no one has had it worse, or has ever felt worse yadda yadda, id rather be sick then them cuz I wouldnt have to deal with them)

But! Hey, Phat, how much do your fancy tablets cost? I live in Ye-old Cowtown, so your prices would be similar to mine, being both from Canada/ Alberta (i think?)

I would like to just have-on-hand some backup. We are bringing 3 new ppl out, that have only been "PAY camping in slots where your neighbour is 8' away!!!!" We are going just barely out of the city, to the Sheep River but still dont want to pack water, cuz its like 2K to the spot. Pretty Please and thank you!