Henry,

It's an 07 or 08 tent, I believe.

I don't disagree with your description of silnylon's behavior. I believe that if I were to have re-tensioned the tent when I woke up in the morning, it probably would not have stretched further. The problem was that the sag occurred slowly, rather than in the first hour of being erect, which doesn't seem unreasonable given the conditions, but perhaps I'm wrong on that.

Do I think the material is worthless? No. Do I think it's a bad tent? Absolutely not. I'm just the type that doesn't keep any piece of gear I'm not completely enamored with, and I'm constantly trying new gear, and selling what I don't 100% love. Heck, the only piece of gear I'm not currently looking at upgrading is my pack, which fits me like a glove, and is fairly light (GG virga).

If I had more money to tie up in gear right now, I'd definitely keep the Contrail, but I just don't have room for it in the arsenal right now.

I appreciate your offers of assistance, Henry. You cottage guys really hit it out of the park with customer service and support.