I think it's silly that "I only had to completely re-tension my entire tent once" is supposed to be a good thing.

How many people setup a tarptent and leave it for days? I certainly don't. The bottom line is that it stretches slowly, and before the whole of the stretching is done, the tent is already touching my sleep system, requiring an increase in tension. My last trip, this occurred twice during the night (and was sagging again in the morning). When I re-tensioned the guylines, the stakes had not moved, the guyline adjusters had not moved. I'm sure that if I left it alone all night, and then re-tensioned in the morning, it probably would not have stretched further after that, but it would also have spent 3/4 of the night sitting against my bag, getting my insulation wet. If it stretched fully in 5 minutes, and didn't creep after that, I'd be ok with it, but that's not the case.

This is MY experience. Dismiss it if you'd like, make excuses for why it happened, etc. It works for others, but in my location, and the conditions that occur there, it's not acceptable, certainly not when there are lighter options without these issues.

Great tent aside from the material selection, which is sadly, a definite deal-breaker.