Pika,

Bummer. This too will pass, however.

About a year and a half ago I made a similar post as you. I had herniated a lumbar disc and was looking for encouragement. It helped to hear other people's stories about recovering. Here's mine.

I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep, walk or even easily roll over in bed. I couldn't even easily talk on the phone because I was almost frantic with the pain. I went on to herniate the disc a second time during recovery and then to sprain a knee as I was stuggling to get up one morning. This too did pass, however.

Physical therapy was the key for me. I did and do about 40 minutes of stretching and strength exercises each day in addition to aerobic work. I'm happy to say that at 65+ I'm now backpacking and gardening again without pain.

Looking back I see the injuries as a good thing. It forced me to slow down, move more deliberately and relax. My blood pressure is now lower than it was prior to the injuries. I also have a new philosophy "any day without pain is a good day".

Hang in there and you will be writing an e-mail like this to the next person who is injured and looking for encouragement.