Originally Posted By food
I am happy that my spouse chooses her clothes based on appearance but not her husband. grin

Guys tend to choose spouses based on appearance but not their clothes.

I know a really nice guy (well, mostly nice) who is quite open about his preference for a well presented woman. He wants someone who camps and hikes. I told him to find a camping, hiking woman on the trail, ask her out on a date, and see what she looks like in an urban environment before making a judgment call. I go backpacking every month and hiking every week barring unusual circumstances. I just stopped caring once I hit the trailhead. Maintaining a level of femininity is just too much work on the trail - the most I can manage is a wash every other day to keep my hair from matting on my head and making me uncomfortable, and clean underwear. I thrash through brush and drop stuff on the ground. I sit on rocks and logs. My clothes are cheap and comfortable because I am hard on them and they need to be easily replaced.

No one who hikes with me recognizes me on the street, at all, because I'm not wearing my huge brimmed hat and oddly colored clothing. I'm literally two different people. laugh And thanks to all the hiking, I have a figure.

http://hikeandbackpack.com