Originally Posted By phat

Well, that's why I kinda like the looks of TaM's cone - it looks like it *could* add enough effiency to it to get a reliably 2 cup boil with my kinda water (starting pretty darn cold)

The nice thing about the setup I put together, is that the candle cup will hold more than a half ounce (15 ml) of fuel, though most times it only requires about 12-13 ml. If you're taking glacial melt water directly from a high elevation stream, just fill the cup up a few more ml. I really noted zero difference in boil time between tap water at home, and fresh from the spring water on the AT as far as boil times, and that spring water is pretty darn cold.

I was very skeptical of the tea-light stove concept before trying it, but have saved a good deal of weight by giving it a chance. Fiddling with gear a lot at home generally results in me not having to nearly at all on the trail.

A tea light setup is only as good as its' windscreen though, and I really wouldn't trust one without some sort of cone, or very tight fitting screen.