Originally Posted By sweethiker
I certainly understand that everyone has a different aesthetic, but please try to understand my point of view. I was just looking for some advice/help, not judgment for the type of gear I am interested in looking for.

With all due respect, there is simply no way that we can help you. The type of gear you are interested in needs to be safe and pretty-- most common brand names provide the former and the latter is subjective. Hence a solid conclusion cannot be reached.

So how about you help us, and define what type of gear is aesthetically pleasing to you and what kind of function are you looking for? Beyond this, where will you be hiking, what are the conditions, terrain and how big of a pack do you need?

FWIW I have various packs including: Gossamer Gear G4 (3-season pack), Golite's Pinnacle (winter pack) and a MLD Burn (day hiking/fishing/overnighter/weekender pack).

For footwear I mainly use the Inov-8 Roclite 315. In winter/snow I will switch to a boot.

My wife, who I would say also chooses items mainly on how they look, rather than functions uses a Deuter ACT-Lite pack and wears Merrell's Moab Ventilators.

Is any of this gear visually pleasing to you?