That's a good argument. Maybe I'll make something else. Maybe I need to learn how to make dehydrated dinners/meals, or freeze dried, whatever, so that I can just add hot water and have a great and quick meal. Maybe I'll go look at the backpacking foods section of the forums, see how you guys do it.

the pictures are beautiful. I'm having a hard time imagining myself being there and looking at the vistas and knowing how I would feel being there. Are ya like awestruck? When I'm out in forests, I feel almost spiritual. It's sort of like feeling connected to the world, and all is well. Is it like that out there? Actually, I don't know what other folks feel, if it's similar to what I feel, being "out there" in nature. I get like that laying on my back looking at stars at night. Sort of humbled, awed, thrilled, impressed, and out of myself. Enlarged? Expanded? My words fail to describe my feelings. I don't want to say too much, because others have their feelings, too, and I don't want others to think my feelings are the correct ones.

Is the air clean in those places? I love forests, because the vegetation makes that good fresh oxygen, and the smells are wonderful. Does the air smell good in those places? What'd you call it, high alpine? I'll have to go back and read what you said, again. It looks sort of desolate up there. beautiful, but stark, bare, hard. What's it like for you being there? It's hard for me to imagine it.

Nice photography, btw.

Ah, western alpine. smile

edit: oh, maybe I could make an alcohol stove! I might keep makin the wood stove, just because it's such a problematic little bugger, and I want to figure it out. but i could also make an alky stove. turbo-charged, able to cook boston baked beans in a light weight backpackers oven. just kidding. lol

Edited by Pat-trick (05/28/10 07:08 PM)