You use too many "always" and "never" absolutes. Safe hiking involves a lot of judgement and subtle factors. There are also a lot more individual variations than you imply. I agree with the other comments previously stated. Particularly "old school" is your viewpoint of boots. Many hikers will do better in trail runners. Altitude? if I were to "never" go higher evertime I got slight altitude problems I never would have climbed any mountains! And why the scare tactics aimed at women? Back-country pshcyo cases are rare and equally a danger to men. I have backpacked and hiked for over 40 years, much solo, and have not had a "bad experience" with other hikers.

Beginners should incrementally gain experience (with the help of going with the more experienced) as they progress towards more difficult hikes and solo hiking. It is not that solo hiking is "always" unsafe - it just is something that needs a lot of experience to become more safe. Experience is very important - more so than "rules" or "lists of safety items". Leaving your route and schedule with someone is also very important - I did not recall reading this.

It sounds like you have been assigned a task that exceeds your personal experience. Cannot more experienced people who work on the website help you out? It does not seem fair that they put you in this spot. But, I think the folks on this forum have good advise for you. However, just gleaning advise on the internet is no substitue for actual experience.