Thanks so much to all who replied! I guess I should have said where I was going etc. This is for an AT hike, starting at Springer Mtn. and ending somewhere in NC, probably Franklin but possibly Fontana Dam taking around 7 to 10 days. I'm not really on a fixed schedule. I fly to Atlanta Wednesday and I'm getting a shuttle to the trailhead Thursday morning. Weather is supposed to be warmish, highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s, some rain expected.

I've gotten some great ideas about what I might want to leave off or change and some things I'm still kind of confused about.

I hear you about the canned food but what is the alternative? I like the tuna packs but I think tuna might get a bit monotonous. What kind of protein does everyone eat besides tuna?

I tend to think in worst case scenario mode a lot and therefore over pack, especially when it comes to water and clothing. I am going to take less clothes.

As far as water goes, my plan was to have the bladder full so I could drink out of it while I had water in a bottle purifying. How do you folks purify? I had a bad experience with a filter system one time that soured me on the filter. Maybe they're better now; the one I used was so difficult to operate that you had to work up a sweat pumping.

What kind of stoves do you folks use? When I bought my Snow Peak, I thought I was getting one of the lightest out there without going the soda can route.

Thanks again, everybody, and I will post again when I complete my trip.

Will