Originally Posted By Pat-trick
Hey that G4 uses the same kind of Z-lite suspension as the Traveler, but weighs 10 ounces less, and costs $55 less. How much weight do you carry in it? Does it stay snug to your body regardless of the terrain you're walking? The G4 was the first bag that interested me in my perusal of bags. That would put me at 12 pounds without food or water. I like that.

I am just going to echo Gorge-- most frameless packs are comfortable over short distances with 30lbs in them, but of course yours and Gorge's comfort may differ from mine.

My base-weight is generally between 8 and 11 pounds depending on location, company and expected weather. I have had mine loaded up to 30lbs many times when I bring my fly-fishing gear and it has been fine for distances less than 7 or 8 miles. I probably wouldn't want to do a 10 mile day with that amount of weight in this pack.

If you need a little more weight handling ability, but less capacity, then GG's Gorilla also gets rave reviews-- it weighs a couple of ounces less than the Traveller, and costs $15 less too.

http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/pack_matrix.html

Edited by ChrisFol (03/31/10 11:04 AM)