Pat-trick,
I am impressed with 13 lbs! It shows you've done your homework.

Regarding your bag, go with what you got for now and upgrade as you can. Depending on where in NY you plan to hike, you MIGHT could get away with a 30-40 degree bag and take appropriate warmer clothing to sleep in and a liner for the bag. This would allow you to use the bag during the warmer weather without the extra weight.

The GSI pot is a good recommendation. I use a Kmart grease pot and made a lightweight lid for it from the bottom of a disposable, aluminum roasting pan wrapped with windshield reflector material.

One other 'gram weenie' recommendation - swap out your wash cloth for a Clorox Handiwipe (reusable cloth ). They're large, lightweight and dry very quickly.

Throw 4 large safety pins into your kit. They're good for pinning stuff to your backpack to dry while you hike (e.g. socks).

I like the matches. I also carry 2-3 bic lighters (wrapped with duct tape) as JimShaw suggested. I also carry a Firesteel.

If you haven't already done so, look for some of Phat's post and look at the gear list in his signature.

Keep throwing things out there, some of it will stick.

Tango61