Of all the stuff on my list, I only need to purchase a few items:

the pack-- SMD make some great packs. Also take a look at Gossamer Gear's selction. I have their G4 and love it.

the pad-- I own a Z-lite and recommend one. Great for a make-shift camp seat also. No good for winter use however.

the Trek 900-- If money is a concern then may I recommend Anti-Gravity Gear's 3 cup or 2quart pot. They cost less than $15 and weigh less than 6oz. The Trek 900 is $45, so that is a huge savings of $30!

the coffee cup-- There is no need for a a $45 double-walled Ti mug either! May I suggest a $2 polypropylene cup from REI? Cheaper and lighter by .5oz. Save yourself $43 also.

the filter-- May I also suggest to you the AquaMira Frontier Pro. Weighs only 2oz and costs $20, saves you 4oz and $8.

the whistle- Does the SMD pack not come with a sternum strap whistle? If not then I have an unused orange Colman whistle that I could give you for the cost of postage. Save another buck or two.

the match container and strike anywhere matches: Personally I would go for a pack of waterproof matches and a mini-bic lighter, negating the need for the match container. Probably save you a couple of bucks too.

-the GoLite poncho tarp-- Good choice smile

Everything else - I have.

So far I have suggested $81 in monetary savings and a couple of pounds in weight loss; not bad for an unwashed lout grin

Edited by ChrisFol (03/30/10 07:38 PM)