You could go out tonight and be just fine with the gear you have. Here are just some suggestions:

- Nix the rain cover. Use a Hefty trash compactor as a pack liner to waterproof.

- Tent-- don't forget the pegs.

- Nix the handheld light and the extra batteries. Put in fresh batteries before your trip and they will last you long enough.

- Only one knife is needed.

- Nix the trowel-- just use a rock or tent peg etc.

- Nix the GPS. A map and compass is enough, if you know how to use them.

- Nix Tent repair kit-- just use ductape.

- Nix the bowl-- just eat out of your pot.

- Overnight trip, you won't need to two pairs of socks and two lots of underwear. Chances are you won't need liners either. For overnight trips, check the weather forcast and you may be able to leave some items at home.

- Nix either the fleece pants or the long johns. You won't need both, except in the colder months.

- Towel-- I hope this is a pack towel or a banadana and not an actual towel.

- Water is really down to your location and the availabilty of water. I carry two 32oz Gatorade bottles filled with water and then two, 2L Platypus (folded up), which serves double duty as both my resivor and with my frontier pro attached, it becomes my filter. So for just under 8oz I have a system that can provide me with 6L of water, filter it and with MicroPur, purify my water.

IMHO, 2L for an overnighter is cutting it close for both consumption and cooking if there is no water source. If there is a water source, two 1L bottles is plenty.

- You are also missing, what in my opinion, is the two most vital items of clothing-- warm hat and gloves.

- No sleeping pad listed?

- I probably wouldn't bring Mac & Cheese either-- clean up is too much to deal with.

- I see a bear rope listed, but no bear bag?