Just to be clear, what do you mean by an "over-nighter"? Just one night (as opposed to a day hike) or more? Your post can be interpreted either way. If it is one night, your clothing and food lists are way overkill. For more than one night, maybe not.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what works for me, for my particular style, may not work for you. I don't know what your priorities are, such as weight VS comfort. And as a newbie maybe even you don't know that yet. People will tell you to leave things at home and others will tell you to take things that are not on the list......because that's what works for THEM, maybe not YOU.

My best advice.......make your first trip a very short one-nighter. If you have doubts any one piece of gear, take it along. You will soon discover what you really need and what you really don't need.

You can read replies until you're blue in the face but there is no substitute for personal experience.

That being said, I see a few glaring omissions (IMO) in your list. As for what to leave off the list, that's where your personal experience and preferences will come in.

A bandana, the ultimate multi-tool. Everyone should have at least one.

A ground cloth for your tent. Again, that's just personal preference on my part. I don't mean a one pound factory tent footprint, just a light piece of painter's drop cloth or similar.

Since you are a newbie, some sort of blister treatment. Maybe the duct tape will work?

I only see one hat. Is it for sun protection, warmth at night, or both? No hat does everything. A warm hat at night does wonders if it's cold out.

* May not apply at certain latitudes in Canada and elsewhere.