I was using the gigatorch this morning to cook oatmeal and make coffee. It was about 38 degrees maybe and I had to dunk the canister in the warm water half way through. Then it ran out and just quit. I had used between 1.5 and 2 ounces of fuel to get our campfire going so we could cook our steaks (about 5 minutes of BIG flame from the torch). I am absolutely positive that if Bigfoot had sat by the fire carefully feeding it and blowing on it that he would have gotten it going with the bottle of alcohol and esbit that he started it with, the torch just helped it along a bit so we could eat sooner and I didn't want raw steak.
I think the torch performed admirably. We were in almost rain forest and it had snowed there the day before. I am very happy that I took the torch.
However bigfoot had a Varga thick titanium alcohol stove to die for. I covet his stove, its the only alcohol stove I've ever seen that meets my own standards. Like you can simply blow it out and pour the alcohol back into the bottle, and you can flip it over to use as an esbit stove. It has 3 folding legs on top and three on the bottom.
Jim