I got a chance to try out my new Snow Peak gigapower torch today. It will adapt to CB or the normal OD canisters. If you remove the CB adapter it weighs 5.8 oz in the mode shown in the photo.

I turned it on just cracking the valve and got about an 8 inch flame over an inch in diameter, plenty to start a campfire from seaweed. smile In 7 minutes it burned just under .6 oz of fuel, so it would burn well over an hour at this rate on the 220 gram fuel bottle (about 80 minutes). I put 16 ounces of tap water into an uncovered one liter titanium pan which I held over the flame and it was at a rolling boil in 3.5 minutes outside in a wind and 50 degrees F.

For those who just boil water this might be a really nice piece of gear as it requires no windscreen. I generally cook by holding the pan above the stove with my hand and keeping it moving so I don't scorch my food and have complete control over the cooking process so its no hardship to me that I can't set it down. I will be cooking pasta with it this weekend, and we will use it to light a campfire in a damp forest to cook our steaks with, which would be a daunting task using vasoline in cotton wads! goodjob

So I used the same fuel bottle which was kinda cooled already and I should have warmed it up but I didn't. I turned the gas all the way up and put the titanium pan over it with ten ounces of water for a cup of coffee. In 40 seconds it was hot enough and the flame was going down a lot because the fuel bottle was chilling. In 60 seconds the water was at a rolling boil but the flames was getting down a lot as the canister wa really cold by then. It burned .2 ounce og +- .05oz.
Jim