Packs with framesheets either work for you or they don't - hopefully you are getting sized and trying these on with weight in them first? I tried a Terra pack - it did not work for me.

I know some people like them, but sleeping bag compartments are a nuisance - putting the bag in a waterproof bag and then in the pack liner then putting all the gear in on top works great. And then you are actually able to use a pack liner instead of a pack liner for the sleeping bag and another for the rest of the gear.

You hopefully are able to ask the clerk to let you stuff a large bear can inside. Stuffing in a small bear can won't help. Small bear cans for the average person are 2-3 day volume, unless you simply fill it with a huge bag of nuts, which puts you in the eat-to-live category. You want to be able to fit a large bear can in for those longer trips - some of the packs out there will bust a seam because the pack makers didn't account for the necessity of a bear can. The difficulty is the width of something like the bear vault.

First step - get those measurements and see if the packs even have a size that works for you. If you are "lucky" like me and need a medium hip belt with a small back frame, no pack with a sewn in hip belt will be comfortable. The packs on your list that I am familiar with do not adjust at all and do not allow you to swap straps or belt without butchering the pack.

http://hikeandbackpack.com