Originally Posted By kevonionia
Jake:

As far as the inquiry about wearing the DSLR around your neck, here's an alternative:

keyhole camera holder that replaced my sternum strap on the
GoLite Pinnacle backpack.

A disk with a threaded bolt fits in the tripod thread on the camera and the camera slides onto that keyhole thing, hanging snug against your chest, lens down. The red strap dangling with the velcro piece on the end holds onto the lens cap, if that's what you want (I don't use it -- and still not sure why I don't snip it off.)

This puts the weight on your shoulders not your neck. It keeps you from having to hold the camera in your hand either. It allows you to use hiking poles or a hiking staff, or to text your lazy friends that didn't go hiking with you. lame

To use, you grab the camera and lift up two inches and it comes out, you hold up to your eye and point and click. The original camera strap becomes a safety belt around your neck.

I can now place it back in the keyhole with my eyes closed.

Link to it's here.

It's from a CCC (Colorado cottage company.) And I'm not connected to them in any way except at my shoulder straps (see illustration.) grin

ScottyB:

Love that setup UW. Can you give a link to some pics. (Go Horns!)

this a great idea, do you have any idea if it would work on a gregory pack? is there anyway the camera could slide out of the slot if you bent over or something? does this stop it from bouncing off your chest or does it still bounce to some extent? thanks