To add my $.02, and I have to agree wholeheartedly with my erstwhile compatriots, they know that of which they speak. smile Anyway I am a climber and I solo climb technical rock on solo trips backpacking a long way in without anyone knowing where I am - don't do that at first... shocked The reason I mention this is - when I am on rock alone and no one knows where I am "I AM ON", that is my complete 100% attention is paid to every single movement of my hands and feet. I have climbed all day in Yosemite without as much as a scratch and then tripped over a log in the parking lot because my guard was down. You cannot let your guard down when solo, you must focus on every move, every step, every decision. It takes concentration. When you get to camp, you still can't let your guard down, one false move like going bare foot and stepping on something sharp, abusing substances, or doing "normal crazy" things that would seem perfectly safe with another person along, are now no nos. HOWEVER you will learn so much about being self reliant and making decisions that you will become capable later of doing crazy things while alone and getting away with it.
Jim