Well now days he would be thrown in jail for molestation, labeled a pervert, and be required to register as a sex offender. I have a friend currently serving time for helping an under aged girl that said she was 18. You don't even have to touch a girl, yelling at a girl can make you a sex offender (because its aggressive). My wife who works in a law firm knows of one guy who saved a girls life by grabbing her out of the way of a speeding car who is now a registered sex offender because of saving her (he grabbed her aggressively).

Oregon is a "law and order" state and they don't care who they throw in jail as long as they get somebody convicted. You see jails are big business here, a huge business, yet it has been shown to have no effect on the crime rate. Oregon defense attorneys feel they have done a good job if people only get charged with what they actually did. The number of mentally ill, homeless, and minorities in our jails is way too high.

So again, doing nothing maybe the only safe act, and is doing nothing "negligent"? I think its only negligent if you have a responsibility to act. After seeing what they did to my friend and having to testify as to his character, I hate to say it, but I might just watch an injured teenager die. Or should I try to save someone and spend the rest of my life in jail? I say this because it is no longer cut and dried, you don't just help someone because its (the right thing to do) and as has been pointed out - liability releases are worthless.

Its a sick world we live in.
Jim