Dryer,
perhaps I shouldn't run down Camp, but in the past they made very iffy "looking climbing gear" like aluminum headed ice axes and their aluminum crampons. Granted there is a market for this really light stuff, but my mount blanc airtech forged chrome moly head ice axe didn't weigh that much more than the aluminum headed one. ( also the rubber coated handle on the Airtech IS critical to keeping your hands from freezing and improves your grip when hanging on for dear life.)Perhaps for occasional use the camp unit might be the way to go especially for a weight fanatic, but you know me well enough to know that I demand the highest quality in equipment whose failure may cost you your life. If you've ever taken a major fall on ice and done a self arrest you would know what I mean, only a sharp tough axe will save my butt. Its like carrying a plastic avalanche shovel instead of a metal one, you can't actually dig in hard snow and ice with the plastic one.
just my $.02 worth.