Originally Posted By skippy

You might be right or I might be right, hopefully we'll never have to find out. I'm just guessing that as a police officer I have slightly more insight into human nature than you, when things go bad. People you trust one day might not be trustworthy when they are running low on food. People talk and soon many that you did not intend to tell will know that you have supplies. Some will come to get them. If you want to kill them with kindness go ahead, I prefer to "Speak softly and carry a big stick." (T.R.) No AK for me either.

I would tend to trust only really close friends or family and that's about it.

I think you're mistaking my kindness as being kind to them because I'm a nice guy, as opposed to my real motives. I think people in this situation are generally self centered jerks who will rob their own mother if it suited them - in fact, I'm counting on it. I'm pretty much figuring I'll get robbed blind if I keep it in isolation. I'm counting on safety in numbers and that you get more flies with honey than with vinegar. If I not only carry the big stick, but give 10 others an interest in me not getting messed with, I have 10 people watching my back and helping out. Otherwise I'm going it alone - and shooting 'em only works on the ones dumb enough to come while I'm awake, or noisy enough to wake me up, or not vicious enough to torch the place and pick through the ashes.

I'd share because *I'm* also a self centred jerk. A manipulative self centred jerk who is used to co-opting difficult people.

Browse my pictures