"However, first aid kits are a very personal decision."

Definitely, and I'm sure many folks here have seen examples of people going a long ways towards either extreme (too little of the right first aid gear, or too much weight of first aid gear carried).

Recognizing that this is a beginner forum, I nevertheless hope no one objects if I suggest that with experience some trade-offs can be made in terms of what we carry that don't cut too much into safety to save some weight. To put this another way, I think it's better if folks can think through these trade-offs to consciously have a plan for specific issues, rather than perhaps just dropping some item(s) entirely when they see others around them carrying significantly less ...

So for example, irrigation of a wound is an important thing to be able to do, but one can cut a hole in a ziplock bag and force water out of that, or use a hydration system tube. For a triangle bandage it's possible to simply cut up some sort of clothing item. Rubber gloves can serve dual use as vapor barrier gloves. A very small pocket knife can offer knife blade, scissors, and tweezers, all of which can play a role in an overall first aid system. Rather than a tube of something like, say, antibiotic, a few single-use packets might be lighter weight but sufficient for most situations.

A big issue in backcountry injuries can be just having enough material to stop bleeding; at the risk of the inevitable attempts at humor that follow, a female sanitary napkin is an effective and lightweight thing for people of either gender to carry for this (one or more).

Bottom line for me is that with experience and some forethought, a person can have a pretty complete kit without it weighing several pounds (!).