I had a Contrail for 3 summers and liked it. However wind was a bit of a problem and I was going to add a 6" triangular ripstop tieout point midway along the uper side seam on both sides. But I never did because this summer I sold it and bought a Moment.

For a few ounces more the Moment has what I feel are better features than the Contrail.

1. Much better in wind. Slept at Arapaho Pass in the Indian Peaks range this Oct. in 35-45 mph. winds with NO flapping.

2. Better vestibule in the Momment. I could store my pack in the vestibule to the left of the inside door and cook in the vestibule right in front of the inner door out of the wind.

3. Even better ventilation than the Contrail and much more useable situp room than the Contrail.

4. Faster setup than the Contrail (No fussing getting it tight.)

5. Less chance of windblown rain entering. The end triangular vents can be FULLY covered from the inside when desired, just as the two roof vents can be Velcroed shut if needed.

6. I dunno for sure but just by the design I'd bet the Moment can handle an unexpected snowstorm a lot better than the Contrail.

Them's my observations from owning both tents.

Eric