I'm currently in the market for a new tent. I plan on getting a one person for myself. I need the tent for the Rockys (I go to school in Boulder, CO) and the Sierras (My Dad lives in the Tahoe area and I plan on doing the JMT this summer). It is important that I have a light tent and that it packs small. Tarptent fits these characteristics, but im a little worried about how they do in weather.

The two that I like the most is the contrail and the moment. I like the contrail mostly because it packs ridiculously small. Plus it seems like a good price. Im just worried that it wont stand up to heavy winds, colder temperatures, and rain that are so common in the high mountains of colorado and california.

The moment seems like it would be better in rain and wind. The only downside is that it doesnt pack quite as small as the contrail.

I'm not looking for a 4 season tent. Just a simple dent that will hold up to the summer weather in the high mountains. I have read hundreds of good reviews on tarptent and few bad reviews. Let me know what you guys think between the contrail and moment.

Thanks